Happy Halloween - 2015
Oct 29, 2015
Question: If April showers bring May flowers, what do May flowers bring?
Answer �:�Happy Halloween
10 interesting facts on "Halloween Day"
1. Halloween has several different names: All Hallows'Eve, All Saints' Eve, Witches Night, Lamswool Snap-Apple Night, Samhaim and Summer's End.
2. The word "Halloween" means "hallowed evening" or "holy evening".
3. Halloween Colors are: Orange and Black. Orange represents "fall harvest" and Black represents "darkness associated with death of summer".
4.Why Oct. 31?: It is believed that the boundary between the "worlds of the living" and "the dead" is blurred on Oct. 31. The tradition of wearing masks originates due to this.
5. The rituals surrounding Halloween includes Church services, Prayer, Fasting and vigils.
6. Jack-o'-lanterns are traditionally carried by guisers on All Hallows' Eve in order to frighten evil spirits.
7. Mumming: Trick-or-treating is a customary celebration for children on Halloween. Children go in costume from house to house, asking for treats such as candy or sometimes money, with the�question, "Trick or treat?" The word "trick" refers to "threat" to perform mischief on the homeowners or their property if no treat is given.
8. Halloween costumes are traditionally modeled after supernatural figures such as vampires, monsters, ghosts, skeletons, witches, and devils.
9. Popular Halloween games are like: picking and purchasing pumpkins from patches, dunking or apple bobbing, hanging up treacle or syrup-coated scones by strings etc.
10. "Trick-or-Treat for UNICEF" is a fundraising program to support UNICEF, a United Nations Programme that provides humanitarian aid to children in developing countries.