World Food Day - 2014
Some facts about World Food Day:
Oct 15, 2014
1. World Food Day is also famously known as the Food Engineer day.
2. World Food Day (WFD) was established by FAO's Member Countries at the Organization's 20th General Conference in November 1979.
3. WFD first event was ideated by Dr. Pal Romany from Hungary.
4. The day is habitually observed in more than 150 countries world-wide.
5. 16th of October each year is celebrated as World Food Day.
6. World Food Day has been a tradition in the USA since the first World Food Day in 1982.
7. Since 1981, World Food Day has adopted a different theme each year in order to highlight areas needed for action and provide a common focus.
8. Previous year(2013) theme was: Sustainable Food Systems for Food Security and Nutrition.
9. This year(2014) theme is: Family Farming: ?Feeding the world, caring for the earth?.
10. To know more on EFD, view the website: http://www.worldfooddayusa.org/ target="_blank"