World Food Day - 2014
Oct 15, 2014
Some facts about World Food Day:
- World Food Day is also famously known as the Food Engineer day.
- World Food Day (WFD) was established by FAO's Member Countries at the Organization's 20th General Conference in November 1979.
- WFD first event was ideated by Dr. Pal Romany from Hungary.
- The day is habitually observed in more than 150 countries world-wide.
- 16th of October each year is celebrated as World Food Day.
- World Food Day has been a tradition in the USA since the first World Food Day in 1982.
- Since 1981, World Food Day has adopted a different theme each year in order to highlight areas needed for action and provide a common focus.
- Previous year(2013) theme was: Sustainable Food Systems for Food Security and Nutrition.
- This year(2014) theme is: Family Farming: ?Feeding the world, caring for the earth?.
- To know more on EFD, view the website: http://www.worldfooddayusa.org/ target="_blank"